“The Deer Hunter” star John Savage has joined James Franco‘s newest project “In Dubious Battle”.
Franco will both star in and direct the film adaptation of the 1936 John Steinbeck novel, which recently cast Nat Wolff in a lead role.
Savage, best known for his roles in “The Deer Hunter” and “The Thin Red Line’, will play a form labourer who fears losing his job, Deadline reported.
- Halle Berry joins Keanu Reeves in John Wick 3
- It Chapter 2 casts James Ransone and Andy Bean
- Dwayne Johnson on collaborating with John Cena for The Janson Directive: Excited to go on this journey
- Saturday Night Live’s Kate McKinnon in talks to star in Danny Boyle’s comedy film
- WWE Raw Results: John Cena continues to look for a response from The Undertaker
- Stephen Hawking had a savage sense of humour, Twitterati share instances
The story focuses on unionisation and the fears of workers as they try to ensure better wages and treatment from employers.
Savage joins Bryan Cranston, Selena Gomez, Robert Duvall, Ed Harris, Sam Shepard, Danny McBride and Vincent D’Onofrio in the film.
“In Dubious Battle” will begin shooting in Atlanta this week.