The war-drama follows two young soldiers who become friends in boot camp, promising to take care of each other — a pact that gets more difficult as the war goes on.
The movie also stars Tye Sheridan and Alden Ehrenreich.
Aniston, 46, will play the part of Ehrenreich’s mother, while Huston will play Sgt. Sterling, a role that was previously offered to “Sherlock” star Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Jennifer Aniston to be Courteney Cox’s maid of honour
- Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler to feature in Netflix film
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston to rekindle relationship?
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux announce separation
- War movies aren’t usually my thing: Jennifer Aniston
- Jennifer Aniston’s first look photo in war drama ‘The Yellow Birds’ revealed
Director Alexandre Moors, who recently filmed the music video for Kendrick Lamar’s “I,” will head the project.
“The Yellow Birds” is produced by Mark Canton, Courtney Solomon and Story Mining’s Jeffrey Sharpe.
“Friends” star Aniston will be seen in “The Comedian”, and “Mother’s Day”, where she stars opposite Marshall muse Julia Roberts.
Huston will be next seen in horror comedy “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies”.