Actor Jack Black is marking the 25th anniversary of his brother’s death by opening up about the Aids-related tragedy.
The “School of Rock” star is known for his comedy talents, but he admits his early career years were marred by drugs, divorce and the death of his sibling Howard, aged 31, reported Us magazine.
“Losing a family member is the worst thing I could imagine. Death didn’t happen quickly. We all saw the deterioration. He was so very young. We were robbed of something precious. It was devastating. It was hard for all of us, but it was hardest for my mom when we lost Howard. She’s never really recovered,” Black said.
- Rishi Kapoor remembers Prithviraj Kapoor on his 47th death anniversary
- William Shakespeare’s birth and death anniversary : 10 enduring quotes by the bard
- Jack Black surprises Broadway’s ‘School Of Rock’ cast
- Jack Black was a cocaine addict during his teens
- Philip Seymour Hoffman, Oscar winning actor, found dead in New York apartment
- Jack is Back
The 46-year-old actor, who was 11 years younger than his big brother, still counts his sibling as one of the main inspirations in his life, saying, “He was a big influence on
me. He took me to my first rock concert. He was so vibrant, creative, amazing. He shaped my taste in music.”