Actor Idris Elba has confirmed he will be starring in the upcoming “Star Trek Beyond” after appearing in a behind the scenes video for a new fan competition where he showed off his breakdancing skills.
The “Star Trek: To Boldly Go”, which was launched recently, is a competition that offers fans the opportunity to win a walk-on role in the movie, with all funds raised going towards nine different charities, reported Daily Mirror.
- Idris Elba will star in Netflix’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Road to Avengers Infinity War | The best and worst of Thor
- Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin’s family settles lawsuit with automaker
- Luther star Idris Elba proposes to girlfriend Sabrina Dhowre, watch video
- Actress Grace Lee Whitney dies
- Idris Elba to turn DJ at Glastonbury 2014
Elba, 42, appears alongside returning Star Trek cast members Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Anton Yelchin and Karl Urban in the video, which was filmed onboard the Starship Enterprise.
At the end of the clip Elba shows off his dancing skills as he busts a few moves in front of his new co-stars.