The 34-year-old “Southpaw” star, who earned an Oscar nomination for his role as Ledger’s lover in the romantic drama, said it is unfortunate that we won’t be able to see more of the late “The Dark Knight” actor, reported E! Online.
“Listening to (the clip) brings me back to thinking about doing that scene with Heath and the honour it was to work with him and the beauty of his work. I miss him as a human being and miss working with.
“And what an unfortunate thing it is that we won’t be able to see the beauty of his expression and hearing those hings really gets you,” he said.
- Jake Gyllenhaal on playing Leonard Bernstein in The American: It is an incredible honour
- I am Heath Ledger: A look at the actor like we have never seen before
- Hilarious throwback video of Heath Ledger goes viral
- Jake Gyllenhaal takes a race against time
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Race against Time
- Heath Ledger’s death made me re-evaluate life: Gyllenhall
Gyllenhaal said starring in the film, which was directed by Ang Lee of “Life of Pi” fame, brought him closer to Ledger and made him appreciate important things in life.
“He was incredibly special and that doesn’t even come close to encapsulating who he is who he was…
“I think losing Heath and being a part of a family that was like something like that movie we made together makes you see that, makes you appreciate that and hopefully moves you away from the things that really don’t matter to the things that do,” he said.