Hollywood star Hugh Jackman has hinted in an Instagram post that his iconic character Wolverine would be ending.
“Wolverine… one last time,” Jackman, 46, captioned a photo of his fists, clutching the claws of his famous mutant character.
While bloggers and social media users debated the actor’s meaning, an individual familiar with the situation said that he was referring to a planned sequel of the 2013 standalone hit “The Wolverine”, reported TheWrap.
- Will Hugh Jackman return as Wolverine in Marvel universe?
- Logan: After Hugh Jackman, Shah Rukh Khan is ‘working on’ playing Wolverine
- Watch: Hugh Jackman wants Shah Rukh Khan to play Wolverine. Bring out those claws
- Hugh Jackman never lifted weights before X-Men, says he made fun of people at the gym
- Logan final trailer: Hugh Jackman to end his Wolverine saga, introduces Mutant X-23, his future. Watch video
- Hugh Jackman shares the teaser image of final Wolverine film
The character could feasibly appear in Bryan Singer’s forthcoming ensemble “X-Men: Apocalypse” or in Ryan Reynolds’ spin-off “Deadpool”, but the insider said Jackman is pointing to the forthcoming follow-up that also has director James Mangold returning.
Representatives for Jackman and 20th Century Fox have not comment so far.
Jackman made his debut as Wolverine in 2000’s “X-Men” and is arguably the franchise’s biggest star.
He has played the character six times thus far, most recently in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” alongside Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy.