scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Friday, January 22, 2021

Hugh Grant opts out of ‘Bridget Jones 3’

Actor Hugh Grant has revealed he will not return for the third instalment of 'Bridget Jones'.

By: Press Trust of India | London | October 11, 2014 3:16:38 pm
Hugh Grant said his absence will not affect the prospects of the film, (Source: Reuters) Hugh Grant said his absence will not affect the prospects of the film, (Source: Reuters)

Actor Hugh Grant has revealed he will not return for the third instalment of ‘Bridget Jones’.

The romantic comedy series is based on Helen Fielding’s novel of the same name, which is a reinterpretation of Austen’s ‘Pride and Prejudice’. The 54-year-old actor, who starred in the first two films as Daniel Cleaver, said his absence will not affect the prospects of the film, reported Free Radio.

“I decided not to do it. But I think they’re going to go ahead and do it without Daniel. The book’s excellent, by the way, but the script is completely different, well, the script as I last saw it a few years ago.” The third film is to be based on Fielding’s third book, ‘Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy’, which received excellent reviews last year.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement