British actress Emily Blunt, who recently became a US citizen, stopped by “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” dressed as Lady Liberty.
When Blunt, 32, appeared on the show, she said she knew about American history, saying, “I know more about the constitution and government than most Americans.”
DeGeneres, 57, then convinced the “Edge of Tomorrow” actress to dress up like Lady Liberty and sing patriotic songs in celebration of her new status, reported People Magazine.
- WATCH: Why Ellen DeGeneres is ‘responsible’ for Meghan Markle’s royal wedding?
- American TV show host Stephen Colbert jokes Emily Blunt might be a sociopath
- Deepika Padukone wishes Ellen DeGeneres on her birthday
- Became US citizen for tax reasons: Emily Blunt
- Emily Blunt apologises for her comments about the GOP debate
- Ellen DeGeneres brings deadpan affability back to Oscars
“I feel like this is going to get me in trouble,” Blunt said nervously.
As the actress attempted to sing along to “Yankee Doodle Dandy”, a man dressed as Uncle Sam walked up to her and shouted in her face. Blunt screamed back in his face before falling into a pit of laughter.
“I think I just peed myself,” she exclaimed as DeGeneres cracked up in her seat.