scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Sunday, July 12, 2020

Dwayne Johnson’s puppy dies

Dwayne Johnson is grieving the death of his puppy Brutus, who had to be put to sleep by vets after eating a poisonous mushroom.

By: PTI | Los Angeles | Published: October 1, 2015 10:29:49 am

Hollywood action star Dwayne Johnson is grieving the death of his puppy Brutus, who had to be put to sleep by vets after eating a poisonous mushroom.  The ‘San Andreas’ star, who saved the French bulldog from drowning in his pool earlier this month, is devastated by his pet’s death, reported TMZ.

The 43-year-old actor paid tribute to his late puppy on Twitter, writing: “We’ll always love you Brutus … and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute (sic).”

The dog was initially placed on life support, but had no chance of survival as his liver had completely shut down as a result of ingesting the toxic mushroom.

Dwayne Johnson, The Rock, actor

On Instagram, Johnson wrote: “At approximately 11:15pm last night (September 28) myself and (Hashian) had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. “I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace.”

The sad news comes just weeks after Johnson, who only recently purchased Brutus and another bulldog named Hobbs, was forced to jump into his pool on September 7 when the black-and-white pup sank to the bottom.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement