WWE wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has confirmed he will star in the eighth instalment of “Fast and Furious”.
At a press conference promoting his new film, “San Andreas”, Johnson had a simple answer the question of whether or not he would be in the upcoming “Furious 8”.
“Of course. It can’t go on without Hobbs,” he said.
Johnson has become one of the best parts of the Fast and Furious franchise since his first appearance in “Fast Five”.
The latest “Furious 7” had him in a limited role.
- Dwayne Johnson on collaborating with John Cena for The Janson Directive: Excited to go on this journey
- Rampage actor Naomie Harris: Dwayne Johnson is an expert guide
- Dwayne Johnson opens up about feud with Vin Diesel
- Dwayne Johnson on depression: Don’t be afraid to open up, you’re not alone
- Dwayne Johnson shares first look of Fast 8 character
- Dwayne Johnson to return as host for “Saturday Night Live”
Johnson addressed the rumours of a Hobbs-centered spin-off film, at the press event, reported The Verge.
“We all are interested in it. I just had a big conversation with the studio. So we’ll see. I still think for me personally we’ve created a little bit of space for him in 7 and the gauge is set for what the audience will want. That’s my take on it, you know, but a lot of other people have to
have input,” he said.
“Furious 8” is set for an April 14, 2017 release.