A live-action prequel of the 1992 animated classic “Aladdin” is currently under works at Disney Studio.
The action-comedy, “Genies”, will be an origin story of the blue-skinned Genie and will reveal how he ends up being trapped inside the lamp, reported Ace Showbiz.
The film is written by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, who earlier wrote “Freddy vs Jason”, “Friday the 13th”, “Baywatch” and “O’Lucky Day”.
- Before Incredibles 2’s release, let’s look at the top 5 Pixar animated films
- Mantra on playing Genie in Broadway-style musical Aladdin: People say I reminded them of Robin Williams
- Will Smith, Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott’s Aladdin goes on floors
- Aladdin live-action reboot: Marwan Kenzari may play Jafar, Nasim Pedrad joins cast as Jasmine’s handmaid
- Disney facing backlash for casting non-Arab actor Naomi Scott as Jasmine
- Siddharth Gupta might resemble Aladdin, but he is not cast in the Disney movie: Sources
“Genies” will be produced by Tripp Vinson, who previously worked on The Rock starrer “San Andreas”.
“Aladdin” is a centuries-old Arabic folk tale that got the animated Disney treatment in 1992 in a film featuring actor Robin Williams as the voice of the blue-skinned Genie.