For Courteney Cox, the fight against the debilitating skin disease epidermolysis bullosa is a personal one.
“My friend’s son was born with EB,” the actress said.
“I’ve been a part of it since then. He’s 11 now. There is no cure for this disease. It’s just such a horrible thing.”
The condition, which usually strikes babies and children, causes painful skin blisters; there is little hope for those affected beyond the age of 30, reported People magazine.
- Jennifer Aniston to be Courteney Cox’s maid of honour
- Johnny McDaid confirms Courteney Cox reunion
- Courteney Cox splits from fiance Johnny McDaid
- Courteney Cox loved directing ex-husband David Arquette
- ‘Friends’ reunion is not going to happen: Courteney Cox
- Ed Sheeran sets up Courteney Cox,Johnny McDaid?
“You have no choice to feel for these kids,” said Cox, 51, who has an 11-year-old daughter, Coco.
“The disease is very rare so need to bring awareness.”