Makers of Conjuring 2 are developing a spin-off of the movie, titled The Nun, which will be centered around the villain of the original.
James Wan, the director of Conjuring and Conjuring 2, and Peter Safran, who produced both the movies, are reuniting to produce the spin-off, said The Hollywood Reporter.
Fresh off the success of The Conjuring 2, the film company is spinning off the villain of the supernatural thriller, the demonic nun, into her own movie.
- Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga to star in third Annabelle movie
- Will The Nun beat The Conjuring at the US box office?
- Five reasons why you should watch The Nun
- All the times The Nun was teased in the Conjuring universe
- Before The Nun’s release in India, let’s revisit all the movies in the Conjuring universe
- James Wan explains The Nun’s place in The Conjuring universe
David Leslie Johnson, who co-wrote Conjuring 2, has been hired to pen the film about the demonic nun.
What is noteworthy about the demon nun character is that she didn’t exist until about three months before Conjuring 2 opened, as she was only added during last-minute re-shoots.
The Nun will be the second spin-off from the Conjuring series, following 2014’s Annabelle.