June 5, 2015 9:57:37 pm
Hollywood star Bruce Willis has been signed on for the upcoming Chinese epic “The Bombing”, which is about Japan’s aerial bombardment of the southwestern city of Chongqing in World War II.
Willis, 60, will be seen in the role of a flying instructor, said The Hollywood Reporter.
He is joined by Asian stars including South Korea’s Song Seung-heon, Hong Kong actors Nicholas Tse and William Chen, and Chinese actor Liu Ye in the 3D movie.
Directed by Xiao Feng, the film started shooting last month and the “Die Hard” star has already shot key scenes in Xiangshan in China’s Zhejiang province, according to Xiao’s Sina Weibo microblog.
The film is due for release early next year.
On his website, Feng said the budget for the movie was USD 56.47 million. The timing of the film’s release will coincide with events to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII.
Willis previously starred in “Looper”, which was co-produced by Chinese-American production company DMG.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.