Brad Pitt has revealed his bruised face is the result of running in dark wearing flip flops.
The 51-year-old actor looked noticeably banged-up when he appeared at the 3rd annual Light Up the Blues Concert in Hollywood last weekend, reported People magazine.
“This is what happens when you try to run up steps in the dark, with your arms full, wearing flip flops,” Pitt said in a statement.
- Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon had turned down Brokeback Mountain
- Once upon a time in Hollywood: First Look of Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt will take you back in time
- Brad Pitt had once threatened to kill Harvey Weinstein for Gwyneth Paltrow
- Deadpool 2: Here’s how two of the biggest Hollywood stars ended up doing a cameo in this Ryan Reynolds film
- Brad Pitt to star in Quentin Tarantino’s Manson movie
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston to rekindle relationship?
“Turns out if you then try to stop your forward momentum with your face, the result is road rash. Regardless, I wasn’t going to miss the Autism Speaks benefit the night after – wonderful people and I was honoured to be a part of this important event,” he added.
Jack Black acted as emcee for the event benefiting Autism Speaks, later auctioning off a Fender guiter signed by the performers from the event, all of whom have autism.
Pitt, 51, entered a bidding war for the guitar and ended up being the winner after offering up a whopping USD 23,000.