Producer Glendon Palmer is developing a film “Southside With You”, which is inspired by the first 1989 date of US President Barack Obama with now wife Michelle Obama.
At that time the President was a young firm summer associate and his wife was known as lawyer Michelle Robinson.
- ‘We ended up dancing all night’: Michelle Obama posts never-seen-before wedding photo with Barack Obama
- Here are a few ideas for Obama’s new Netflix show
- As Barack Obama signs the Netflix deal, here’s looking back at his previous collaborations with the streaming giant
- Barack Obama and Michelle Obama sign a deal with streaming giant Netflix
- Photo of Melania Trump smiling with Barack Obama at Barbara Bush’s funeral takes Twitter by storm
- By the end of first date,I was sold: Michelle Obama
The story follows the couple on a date that took them from the Art Institute of Chicago to a screening of Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing” to the site of their first kiss outside of an ice cream parlour, reported Deadline.
Tika Sumpter (‘Get on Up’) will star as Michelle, 51. Casting is underway for the role of Barack Obama, 53.
Richard Tanne makes his directorial debut with the project based on his screenplay.