June 30, 2012 12:56:02 pm
Yesteryear superstar Rajesh Khanna,admitted to a private hospital here since last week,is undergoing some medical tests but his condition is “stable”,hospital sources said today.
He is in the hospital and doing fine. He is stable and undergoing some tests. He is taking rest. He is not in ICU but in a special room,where visitors are not allowed, hospital sources told.
Last night,there were reports that the veteran Bollywood actor has been discharged. Asked when he would be allowed to go home,the sources said,We can’t say anything about that.
The 69-year-old actor,not keeping well of late,was admitted on June 23 to Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra due to exhaustion and weakness,Khanna’s estranged wife Dimple Kapadia,who is taking care of him,had said.
The day Khanna was admitted,Dimple had said the actor would be discharged in a day or two.
Khanna’s manager Ashwin had earlier this week said the the actor had stopped taking food for three-four days at home.
Soon after,the actor emerged at the balcony of his house ‘Aashirwad’ on Carter Road in suburban Bandra and waved at his fans and media persons.
In April too,Khanna was admitted to the hospital for three-four days after he complained of uneasiness and exhaustion.
He was recently seen in his first television ad.
Bollywoood’s first superstar and fondly called ‘Kaka’ by his fans,Khanna became the first actor to deliver 15 consecutive solo super hits movies between 1969 and 1972.
These included ‘Aradhana’,’Haathi Mere Saathi’,’Anand’ and ‘Amar Prem’.
Khanna married Dimple in 1973 and the couple,who has two daughters – Twinkle and Rinke- was separated in 1984.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.