Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan,who underwent a successful shoulder surgery in Mumbai,was discharged from hospital on Tuesday and said he was feeling fine but would take some rest and take care of his kids’ studies.
“I am fine,but I will be taking rest for three weeks,” he said in suburban Bandra after he was discharged from Breach Candy Hospital,where he underwent the surgery to repair the tear in his left shoulder muscle on Monday after he returned from London where he attended the premiere of his latest home production Billu.
Shah Rukh also said he would be travelling to watch Twenty20 cricket matches. “I don’t watch my own movies,” he said in a reply to another query. “I will take care of my children’s studies in my rest period,” he said.
Shoulder specialist Dr Sanjay Desai,who performed the operation on the 43-year-old actor-producer,said that Shah Rukh had recovered well and so was discharged. “Shah Rukh has resumed his normal diet and had a sound sleep.”
The actor,with his left hand in a sling,looked cheerful and waved at fans,photographers and camerapersons waiting outside the hospital.
He had injured himself on the sets of Dulha Mil Gaya last November and continued shooting for Karan Johar’s My Name is Khan in Los Angeles for 45 days at a stretch during which he experienced severe pain.
He was told by his doctors last month about the urgency to get the tear in the main muscle of his left shoulder fixed. He decided to undergo the operation after release of Billu.
According to Dr Desai,the arthroscopic method of surgery,which was performed on the star,does not require opening of the entire joint.
“The surgery ensures less pain and minimal scar,” he said.
Under this surgical technique,a tube-like instrument is inserted into a joint to inspect,diagnose and repair tissues.
Shah Rukh,who has the franchise of Kolkata Knight Riders,said he will be busy with preparations for the second season of IPL.
Besides,he will also have to deal with the protests against usage of certain words in the song ‘Marjani’ in Billu.
Shah Rukh has already said that the protesters have not heard the lyrics properly and there was nothing controversial in it.
Last week on the day of film’s release unidentified persons had thrown kerosene-filled bottles at his bungalow ‘Mannat’ in Mumbai.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines