Omung took to Twitter to show his support for the victims.
“It’s sad to hear about the floods in Manipur. please come forward to show your support for the people of Manipur,” he tweeted.
— Omung Kumar (@OmungKumar) August 2, 2015
The aftermath of Cyclone Komen has hit large parts of Bengal, Odisha and Manipur, causing floods and landslides.
- Floods, rain and landslides batter northeast India; death toll touches 17
- ‘Hats off’: Manipur IAS officer hailed as ‘hero’ for leading the flood rescue in waist-deep water
- Winning National Award biggest high: ‘Mary Kom’ director Omung Kumar
- Winner all the way
- How Omung Kumar’s wife Vanita recreated Mary Kom’s Manipur in Manali and Dharamsala
- Biopic on Mary Kom not a risk: Omung Kumar
Omung’s special connection with the state comes from the fact his directorial debut was a biopic of the Olympic-winning boxer Mary Kom, who hails from Manipur.
The film starred Priyanka Chopra in the titular role.