Last week, Saturday Night Live aired a trailer skit called ‘Bambi: Get Bucked’, with guest host Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson in the starring role. The aim was to poke fun at Disney’s recent live-action remakes of their classic hits, such as Cinderella, Maleficent, and Alice in Wonderland, as well as the upcoming The Jungle Book and Dumbo. “When I was a boy, they took away my mother,” he intones. “Now it’s time for them to pay — deer-ly”. There are plenty of other deer-related puns and a theme song from Ludacris: ‘Wham Bam Bambi’. Uploaded on March 29, it has been seen 4.5 million times.
Baby’s Day In
If you’re a foetus and you know it, clap your hands! Incidentally, it turns out you can teach your baby cool party tricks, as Jen Cardinal and her husband found out during a routine ultrasound visit, before he/she even enters the world. The parents were comically singing the popular song If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands when the doctor noticed the baby clapping his/her hands together. The clip has become a viral sensation — it’s been viewed more than 5.4 million times since March 26 — with some viewers applauding and some saying it is fake.
The wedding crasher
Two struggling lovebirds were generously gifted an all-expenses-paid wedding by a Sydney radio station. After the couple selected one of Ed Sheeran’s songs for their wedding dance, the radio station contacted the singer’s management team. Sheeran crashed their wedding and performed his romantic single Thinking Out Loud.
- Hobbs and Shaw first look: Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham engage in staring contest
- YouTube to shut down Gaming app; will merge as feature under main platform
- Before Skyscraper, take a look at top 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson movies
- Tom Cruise and Dwayne Johnson open to working together in an action movie
- Dwayne Johnson was asked to drop his nickname ‘The Rock’ to further his acting career
- Baywatch trailer: Priyanka Chopra is ‘up to no good’ and Dwayne Johnson’s NSFW humour, watch video
He put up a picture on Instagram, joking, “Available for weddings, birthdays and bar mitzvahs, contact your local super market for details”. A video of his performance was put up on March 26, and has been seen 5 million times.