Veteran actor Nana Patekar, who has proved his versatility over 30 years in Hindi cinema, is gearing up for his next Marathi home production titled “Nat Samrat”. He says it is his dream project.
“‘Nat Samrat’ was a classic 40 years back, and I was just 15 years old when it came. Doing this act means you are an actor in true sense. I would not have any regrets if I plan not to work after doing ‘Nat Samrat’ as this would be the best Marathi film I would be acting in,” Nana told reporters here.
- Nana Patekar walks out of Housefull 4 amid sexual harassment allegations
- Nana Patekar: The truth which was 10 years ago remains the same today
- Tanushree Dutta files written complaint against Nana Patekar, Mumbai Police begins probe
- Nana Patekar reacts on Tanushree Dutta’s harassment allegations: What is a lie, is a lie
- Tanushree Dutta denies receiving legal notice from Nana Patekar
- Tanushree Dutta: Nana Patekar has always been disrespectful towards women
The movie, based on the eponymous Marathi play, features Nana and Reema Lagoo in the lead and would be directed by Mahesh Manjrekar.
Nana, a theatre veteran, has been lauded for his intense roles in films like “Parinda”, “Tirangaa”, “Krantiveer” and “Khamoshi: The Musical”, as much as for his comedic performance in “Welcome” and “Bluffmaster!”.