scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Friday, May 20, 2022

‘Glee’ star Cory Monteith died of alcohol and heroin toxicity

Cory Monteith died of intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol.

Written by PTI | Los Angeles |
October 3, 2013 4:38:43 pm

‘Glee’ star Cory Monteith died of intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol,according to the final autopsy report in the actor’s July 13 death.

The BC Coroners Service in Victoria,British Columbia,in its report,said two champagne bottles,multiple glasses,a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle were found near Monteith’s body in his Vancouver Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel room,reported People.

The 31-year-old star had an alcohol level of 0.13 percent. Monteith,who had a long history of addiction and checked into rehab in March,had not consumed drugs recently,which may have caused the toxicity.

“Individuals typically build up a concentration tolerance to this type of drug over time. After a period of cessation from opioid drug use,a previously tolerated drug concentration level may become toxic and fatal,” the document states.

Best of Express Premium

S Somanath: ‘Private players in space sector can boost defence, manufactu...Premium
Afghan economy in tatters, relations on hold, Delhi and Kabul trade via D...Premium
Delhi Confidential: Mini ShivirPremium
Explained: NATO expansion & RussiaPremium

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement