Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have gone all guns blazing with Chennai Express. The film,which released on Eid (August 9,2013),has crossed the Rs 200 crore barrier.
In this edition of Box Office Report Card,here’s a look at the films that have managed to break the barrier of Rs 200 crore.
- Interestingly,while Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots that released on Christmas in 2009 took 70 days to cross the mark,SRK’s film did the same in just 15 days.
- Apart from this,here are a few unknown facts about the Rs. 200 cr Club members:
- Chennai Express managed to break 3 Idiots record after approximately 1267 days /181 weeks
- Aamir Khan achieved this milestone when he was 45 years old,while SRK achieved it near to his 48th birthday.
- Deepika Padukone achieved this milestone at the age of 27 years,as compared to Kareena who reached the mileston when she was nearly 29 years old.
- Rajkumar Hirani was 47 1/2 years old,while director Rohit Shetty did it at the age of 40 1/2 years.
- 3 Idiots was released in 1700+ screens whereas Chennai Express was released in 3500+ screens in the domestic circuit. (Read the list here)