January 29, 2009 12:17:14 pm
Cancer-stricken movie star Patrick Swayze has reportedly given up all medical treatment after doctors gave him little hope of recovery.
The 56-year-old actor made the decision after doctors told him there was little they could do to stop the progress of his illness,’The National Enquirer’ magazine reported.
The ‘Dirty Dancing’ star who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer almost a year ago admitted in a television interview that he was going ‘through hell’ in his battle with cancer.
The actor had suffered a setback earlier this month when he was admitted to hospital with pneumonia.
The ‘Ghost’ star is now reportedly increasingly growing weak.
“There’s nothing more doctors can do for him. We are down to the wire and the goal now is to keep Patrick comfortable. His condition is inoperable and they have stopped the chemo. He’s still losing weight and he’s very weak,” a family friend told the magazine.
“Patrick regards himself as a cowboy,and is determined to die with his boots on and no regrets,” the friend added.
In his recent TV interview Swayze said that wished to do more work and was scared of what the future holds “There’s more I want to do. Lots more. I want to last until they find a cure…Yeah,I’m scared. Yeah,I’m angry. Yeah,I’m (asking),’Why me?’,” Swayze told ABC television’s Barbara Walters.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.