Marvel’s “Avengers: Age Of Ultron” hit theatres in India on Friday — a week before its US release — and has collected a staggering Rs. 108.5 million on it’s opening day, according to trade experts.
Featuring almost all the Marvel superheroes, the much awaited eleventh film from the Marvel Cinematic Universe — “Avengers: Age of Ultron” — is a sequel to the 2012 release “Avengers”.
According to trade expert Taran Adarsh, the figure is said to be 2.5 times the collections of “Avengers”.
- Ant-Man and the Wasp box office collection day 3: Marvel film earns Rs 24.74 crore
- Ant-Man and the Wasp box office: The Marvel film mints Rs 16.02 crore
- Ant-Man and the Wasp opens at Rs 7.05 crore at the Indian box office
- 102 Not Out box office collection day 1: The Amitabh Bachchan-Rishi Kapoor film mints Rs 3.52 crore
- Avengers Infinity War box office collection day 2: Marvel film earns Rs 61.80 crore
- Avengers Infinity War box office collection day 1: Marvel film earns a whopping Rs 31.3 crore
“#AvengersAgeOfUltron Fri 10.85 cr. India biz… Non-holiday release… Day 1 is 2.5 times higher than #Avengers 1… AWESOME,” tweeted Adarsh.
Film trade analyst Komal Nahta tweeted: “If AvengersAgeOfUltron can open to packed houses even in a small centre of Bihar, like Hajipur, Bollywood needs to be worried very much! (sic).”
The film stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Cobie Smulders, Samuel L. Jackson and James Spader.
Written and directed by Joss Whedon, “Avengers: Age of Ultron” is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers”, first published in 1963.
The movie, said to have released across 1500 screens in the country, saw collaborations with 50 brands in various categories. It is touted to be the highest brand association for any film in India.