Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ completes three years today (July 15). The film starring Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Aktar, Abhay Deol, Kalki Koechlin and Katrina Kaif was received well by the audiences with only a few darker shades.
As the cast and crew of the film get nostalgic about the film, here’s a look at 5 things that the film actually taught us.
1. Never show a ring meant for your mom to your girlfriend.
The film would not have taken off if Kalki Koechlin hadn’t confused the ring meant for her boyfriend’s (played by Abhay Deol) mom to be hers. And off course if only he had the courage to tell her the truth. The truth behind the first scene of the film, revealed towards the climax was one of the most hilarious parts of the film and warns us the against the complications of intentions misunderstood!
2. Do not crash on your fiance’s bachelor’s trip
Chudail alert! Yes, you may not hear your fiance’s friends say it aloud but that’s what they probably want to scream at the top of their lungs the moment you crash land at his bachelor’s trip. Trust your man and let him be with the boys for a while!
3. So what if you can’t swim, you can always drown
The best things in life will cross your way when least expected. For a guy with hydrophobia it happened during a scuba diving experience. As was summed up beautifully by Javed Akhtar’s poem recited by his son Farhan Akhtar right after the scene.
4. When you are completely into your work – ‘Tum mentally the sick ho chuke ho’
Who can forget the workaholic Hrithik Roshan getting a piece of his friend’s mind when gets a work call in the beautiful Spain. Indeed, once in a while you must give yourself a break and enjoy the finer details of life, which get easily missed in the superfast pace of life.
5. Friendship may have its ups and downs but will always win in the end
Clearly all was not well between Hrithik and Farhan as the movie began, the cause of which unfolds only after sometime, but when Abhay Deol needed them together by his side – they sorted out their differences. A strong bond of friendship is therefore to be nurtured!
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.