Filmmaker Farah Khan, whose films are marked by dollops of dance, songs and melodrama, says she may make an experimental film like Kalki Koechlin– starrer “Margarita With A Straw” if she finds a “good script”. However, she asserts she won’t make it under any sort of “critics’ pressure”.
“If I love a script, I will surely make it,” the “Happy New Year” director said here at a screening of “Margarita With A Straw”.
- Priyanka Chopra begins prep for Shonali Bose’s The Sky Is Pink
- ‘Margarita With A Straw’ truly for Indian audience: Shonali Bose
- There is a lot of me in ‘Margarita, With A Straw’: Shonali Bose
- Kalki Koechlin always wanted to do roles like ‘Margarita, With A Straw’: Anurag Kashyap
- Scary to play a real-life person: Kalki Koechlin on ‘Margarita’
- Films like ‘Margarita With A Straw’ need support more than business: Kalki Koechlin
“If I will get a script like this (‘Margarita With A Straw’) or I would feel that I can go for this script, then I would definitely make it. But I won’t go ahead with it just because critics want me to make such films. I won’t take that pressure on me,” she added.
“Margarita With A Straw”, directed by Shonali Bose, narrates the struggle of a cerebral palsy affected girl (played by Kalki Koechlin) with the normal activities in her life.
Not only the film, but Kalki also has garnered a lot of appreciation in the international circuit for her performance.