Directed by Sooraj Barjatya, ‘Prem Ratan..’ will see Salman and Sonam in the lead in the family drama, which is set to be released around this Diwali.
“I don’t even remember what numbers my films do because I really don’t think about it too much. I think one film ‘Ranjahnna’ and then ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ has done Rs 100 crores,” Sonam Kapoor told reporters
- Before Race 3, here is how Salman Khan’s last five films cruised to the top
- Before Veere Di Wedding, here’s looking at the box office collection of Sonam Kapoor’s last five films
- Sonam Kapoor on Veere Di Wedding: I had the choice to play the central character and I chose Avni
- Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja’s wedding reception had Anil Kapoor, Salman and Shah Rukh dancing their hearts out
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor in the first poster of ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- Why is Salman Khan finding ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ tough?
She was responding to a query on whether ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ will join the Rs 100 crore film club.
“The film stars Salman Khan and I am sure it’s going to open (with) ridiculous figures. But you hope it does well for the producers. And I am doing another film with Fox so it better do well. I work really hard (for the films I do),” she said.
As per reports, Sonam is part of the Hindi version of Hollywood hit ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ being worked upon by Homi Adajania. Actress Deepika Padukone’s name had also reportedly cropped up for the role in the film.
“I guess you are talking about some other actress, why do people get confused. For now I am doing just two films. They are ‘Prem Ratan Dhaan Payo’ and a film with ‘Neeraja (Bhanot), both are with Fox…So I am set for the next one year at least, after that God knows,” she said.
‘Neerja Bhanot’ is an upcoming biographical film directed by Ram Madhvani, wherein Sonam will be playing the role of the late senior flight attendant who saved 360 lives on Pan Am flight when it was hijacked in Karachi in 1986.
Neerja at 23 became the youngest and first woman recipient of the prestigious ‘Ashok Chakra’ award.