March 19, 2016 1:26:17 pm
Actor Sanjay Dutt is looking forward to begin his second innings in Bollywood after completion of his jail term and he says from now on he will sign films on the merit of its content and not as a favour.
The 56-year-old actor was released from Pune’s Yerawada jail last month after he was granted remission in his five-year sentence.
Dutt said he wants to bring a change in the kind of movies that are being made in the Hindi film industry.
“I am going to do great cinema from now on. I will not do any movie as a favour to anyone or out of compulsion. I want to make a difference and I want to change the genre in the film industry,” Dutt said.
The actor said he has three films coming up- one with Sidharth Anand, one with Vidhu Vinod Chopra, and the third Munnabhai film.
“In Sidharth’s film, I play a mature, action hero.
Vidhu’s film is about the relationship between a father and daughter. We will begin shooting ‘Munnabhai 3’ in 2017,” he said.
Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani, who directed Dutt in “Munnabhai MBBS”, “Lage Raho Munnabhai” and “PK”, is now collaborating with Dutt on his biopic, besides the third “Munnabhai” film.
Dutt said he is waiting to see how Hirani shows his life in just two hours in a film.
“I don’t know how much will he be able to put in the film in just two hours. I don’t think it is going to be enough,” he said.
Besides his movies, Dutt said he’s also enjoying his time with his children, Iqra and Shahraan, and attending their school functions.
“They were two years old when I went to jail so I missed many occasions.”
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.