Indian actor Irrfan Khan has refused a part in a Steven Spielberg film because he didn’t find “enough meat to explore” himself as an actor.
“I felt the character did not have enough meat to explore myself as an actor. Hence, I said no… Else who wouldn’t want to work with Steven Spielberg?” Irrfan said in a statement.
The “Slumdog Millionaire” and “Life of Pi” actor was offered to work in a Spielberg film, which also had Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson in it.
- Dulquer Salmaan: With Irrfan Khan in Karwaan, I will get a chance to be seen by more people
- Irrfan Khan: I have had the fourth cycle of chemotherapy
- ‘Camera comes on and so do I’
- Karwaan actor Mithila Palkar on co-star Irrfan Khan: He is a fighter
- Irrfan Khan is actively promoting the film: Karwaan producer
- Bollywood does not make good children’s films: Irrfan Khan
Sharing that it is more than a dilemma for him to choose or deny films, Irrfan said: “I am at a stage in my career where I am trying my best to surprise my audience with every role and give them some. I am hoping the future holds something so path-breaking and so empowering for me as an artiste that no will not be an option.”