Amitabh Bachchan delivered his first speech in Marathi while inaugurating the Shilpkar Charitrakosh here, saying that grasping the language is “difficult but not impossible.”
Big B along with Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated the Shilpkar Charitrakosh at the Deenanath Theatre in Vile Parle on Tuesday.
- Amitabh Bachchan on Brahmastra co-stars Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor: They are a revelation, I love them
- Alia Bhatt is learning a lot from Amitabh Bachchan on the sets of Brahmastra
- Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt prep up for Brahmastra with Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh Bachchan: When I hold a OnePlus 6 in my hand, I feel superior
- Amitabh Bachchan: Film has suddenly lost its charm, everything is digital now
- Bachchan to read poetry at Marathi meet
What marked the event special, apart from its artistic, cultural and traditional value, was the speech given by 72-year-old.
“Trying to speak in Marathi, it is difficult, but not impossible. This is my honest try and please do forgive me for incorrect pronunciation. I do understand Marathi but speaking is out of practice. I love Mumbai and Maharashtra,” said Amitabh during the event.
The entire Marathi film fraternity along with senior political leaders were present during the book launch.
“Mumbai gave me everything. Fame, name, work, wife and kids, so when I got the invitation to launch this book, I had to come” added Amitabh.