His monologue in romantic comedy “Pyaar Ka Punchnama”, in which he ranted about a girl’s demands in a relationship, turned out to be a standout moment of the 2011 film. The actor has done it again for the film’s second instalment, and says to unlearn the first monologue and learn a new one, was quite a task!
Kartik and the team of “Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2″ were on a visit to the IANS head office here on Thursday, and he spoke uninhibitedly of his woes in learning the superhit monologue.
“I was an engineering student, so I was in the habit to rote,” the actor explained about his ability to deliver the over 5 minute monologue.
In fact, he shared that his audition for “Pyaar Ka Punchnama” required him to perform the monologue itself.
“Finally when I did that properly, then the film happened,” Kartik said.
- Divyendu Sharma on returning to Pyaar Ka Punchnama: If Liquid comes back to me, I’ll take it
- I am already stereotyped: Kartik Aaryan
- Guest Iin London actor Kartik Aaryan says no one turns him away in film industry
- Kartik Aaryan plays Muslim boy in Tanuja Chandra’s film
- Would love to do ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 3’: Kartik Aaryan
- ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ not a sexist film: Kartik Aaryan
“The second monologue that I am seen doing in the part two is quite similar in the start, so I faced a problem in unlearning the first one. It took a whole lot of hard work,” said Kartik, adding that he found a solution in recording the monolgue and listening to it over and over again during his day-to-day activities.
Even director Luv Ranjan was impressed with Kartik’s dedication, and is sure his new monologue will also fetch appreciation.
The Viacom18 Motion Pictures’ film also stars Nushrat Bharucha, Sonalli Sehgal, Ishita Sharma, Omkar Kapoor and Sunny Singh. Releasing on October 16, it revolves around the lives of three lovestruck boys and their efforts to deal with their love interests.