Vidya Balan, who has always expressed her wish to star in a biopic, has finally found the role of her dreams and it is of yet another yesteryear actress. The actress will be seen playing Suchitra Sen, who is known to be one of the most talented and beautiful actresses of Indian cinema.
Raima and Riya Sen, granddaughters of Suchitra Sen, had previously mentioned about making a film on their grandmother and Vidya Balan, who is known for her love for Bengali culture and Kolkata, has now got an opportunity to explore it further by portraying the life of the popular Bengali actress on screen. Also, prior to this, the actress who is busy wrapping up the Emraan Hashmi starrer ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani‘, was reading about four scripts which included this biopic and one on Benazir Bhutto.
- Vidya Balan opens up about her role in NTR biopic
- Bright, bold and beautiful: Vidya Balan, Neha Dhupia remind us of the need to embrace saris more often
- Vidya Balan roped in for NTR biopic?
- Vidya Balan fails to hit the mark in this embellished Manish Malhotra sari
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Vidya Balan is reading four scripts, Out of which, two are biopics
Moreover, from what we hear, Vidya Balan will also be training in Kathak, considering that Suchitra Sen was one of the most popular dancers of her time, and apparently, Pt. Jayu Raman has been hired to train her for the same.