Present on the sets of the reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa” to launch the first song “Sau Tarah Ke” from the film, Varun, asked why he was promoting the film alone, said: “John is shooting for ‘Force 2’ and Jacqueline is shooting in Miami but she is coming back soon. The song was going to be launched.
“They are going to return in July but I could not hold myself, that is why I have already done the tattoo. My connection is with the audience and I have come here for it. And I can officially announce that the promotion of Dishoom begins today.”
- Before October, a look at Varun Dhawan’s last five box office performances
- Dishoom: Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline Fernandez and John Abraham fall ill before movie release
- Akshay Kumar’s Dishoom look: You have never seen Akshay like this before
- Industry follows ineffective set templates during promotions: John Abraham
- Second song of Varun Dhawan, John Abraham starrer Dishoom to release on July 1
- John Abraham, Varun Dhawan bond well on ‘Dishoom’ sets
Varun had also performed at the show, tattooing the film’s name on his forearm for it. He also said that he was a big fan of the celebrities from the music industry on the show like Pritam, Sajid-wajid, Mika and even had favourites from set of contestants.
The song will be out on Thursday (June 23).
John’s “Force 2” also starring Sonakshi Sinha and directed by Abhinay Deo, is set in China and Budapest while Jacqueline is shooting with actor Sidharth Malhotra for director duo Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K’s film in Miami.
On his “Student Of The Year” co-star Alia Bhatt’s film “Udta Punjab” managing to clear all obstacles after the filmmakers moving the court, Varun said: “It is a great thing that the verdict has been passed; I think it is great for the film industry. It’s our belief in the judiciary system which has been upheld once again.”
Varun will also be seen opposite Alia in “Badrinath Ki Dulhania”.