“He can never replace Salman. He is a great actor and a very big star. Varun is like his younger brother and that’s why he tweeted also. Salman loves him,” David, who worked with the actor in “Partner”, told PTI.
- Koffee With Karan 6: Varun Dhawan says he will tie the knot with Natasha Dalal
- Inside Aayush Sharma’s birthday bash
- Salman Khan says he was thrown out of ‘Shuddhi’
- Never said I’m replacing Salman Khan in ‘Shuddhi’: Varun Dhawan
- Salman Khan suggested Varun Dhawan’s name as his replacement in ‘Shuddhi’
- Salman Khan out; Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt finalised for Karan Johar’s ‘Shuddhi’
Johar last month confirmed the new cast of his film. “Shuddhi” first went to Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor and Salman before Varun and Alia Bhatt came on board. Salman tweeted his approval and support for the “Badlapur” star after the casting news became public.
David, on his part, is happy with the way his son’s career is shaping up.
“I just told him that it’s a tough world and you have to work hard. All the credit goes to his sincerity and honesty. He gives his full effort to the films he does.”
The “Hero No 1” director is currently enjoying a small break from Bollywood and would start writing his next project by August 2016.
His last directorial venture was quirky comedy “Chashme Buddoor”.