Filmmaker Deepak Tijori says the sequel of Tom Dick and Harry will be a family entertainer.
Tom Dick and Harry was a comedy about three physically impaired men who live together but when a pretty neighbour moves in, they all try to woo her.
“The original film had a lot of sexual innuendos in it, but this time we are avoiding that. The sequel is going to be a clean family comedy with no double meaning dialogues,” Tijori told PTI.
“It has been written by Neeraj Vora, who has written films like Golmaal so he brings his own sense into the script,” he said.
- Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3 box office Day 2: The Sanjay Dutt starrer is off to a slow start
- Sanjay Dutt on his role in Saheb Biwi aur Gangster 3: I have never played such a character
- Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3 trailer: Guns, gangsters and beauty dominate this Sanjay Dutt starrer
- Sanjay Dutt’s niece Nazia Hussain says she struggled like any newcomer
- Sharman Joshi to start shooting ‘Tom Dick Harry 2’ in August
- Jimmy Shergill’s next is a slapstick comedy
The 2006 film starred Dino Morea as deaf, Jimmy Shergill as mute and Anuj Sawhney as a blind man.
Except for Jimmy, who plays the same part, the sequel features Sharman Joshi as deaf and Aftab Shivdasani as blind.
The Do Lafzon Ki Kahani helmer says the sequel is not connected to the original and the movie will have a completely new storyline.
“The sequel is not connected, it is a different story. The only similarity is that the characters are the same, rest everything has been changed. The film is about three friends who grow up at an orphanage and then decide to leave it. They share a lovely bond together and what happens after they move out, that is essentially the story of these underdogs,” Tijori said.
The 54-year-old actor-director said that though the sequel is being made after almost 10 years, Tom Dick and Harry was always meant to be a franchise film.
“The producers felt this is the best time to make sequels as a lot of them are being made and turned into a franchise. So they got in touch with me. This film was originally created as a franchise where the story is driven by characters and all of them are unique.”