This weekend is surely going to be a thrilling experience for the audiences. Apart from being an extended weekend, the Friday brings a package of two high-on-adrenaline movies – Dibakar Banerjee’s ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ and Hollywood biggie ‘Furious 7’ featuring the late Paul Walker .
‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ stars Sushant Singh Rajput and it’s expected that due to his fan following and the subject, the movie will start off well. The rest depends on how well the movie is executed. The mystery, however, prevails over the villain of the movie.
Directed by Dibakar Banerjee, the movie is promoted well and Hindi movie lovers can have a gala time watching it three weeks after Anushka Sharma’s ‘NH10’
- ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ gets an average start, ‘Furious 7’ rocks Box Office
- Zoya Akhtar gaga over Dibakar Banerjee’s ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’
- Dibakar Banerjee: Making ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ was like walking through a minefield
- Sushant Singh Rajput to attend history class in Delhi University
- Will ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ become franchise?
- Watch trailer: Sushant Singh Rajput brings life to ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy’
The second release of the week is the seventh edition of the ‘Fast and Furious’ series – ‘Furious 7’. Written by Chris Morgan and directed by James Wan, the movie stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Lucas Black and Jason Statham.
‘Furious 7’ marks the final appearance of Paul Walker, who died on November 30, 2013 in a car crash, after filming only half of the movie. After Walker’s death, filming was delayed for script re-writes, and his brothers Caleb and Cody Walker were used as stand-ins to complete his remaining scenes. Indian actor Ali Fazal also makes an appearance in the movie.
The biggest international venture to arrive in 2015, the action thriller is expected to give a tough competition to ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’.