Updated: April 9, 2016 4:15:13 pm
Disney’s live-action adventure, The Jungle Book, directed by Jon Favreau, released today (April 8) and Mowgli is back with his army of the wild to take you to an ultimate journey in a jungle. The wildlife chronicle, that reminds most of us of our childhood, is based on Rudyard Kipling’s timeless stories, that people in India are very closely associated with. While the most iconic animal characters are brought back to life onscreen from Baloo the bear to Shere Khan the tiger, here are five reasons to watch Jon Favreau’s rebooted version of The Jungle Book with your kids this weekend. (The Jungle Book movie review, four stars)
1. Animation – The Jungle Book seamlessly blends live-action with photorealistic CGI animals and environments, using up-to-the-minute technology and storytelling techniques to immerse audiences in an enchanting and lush world. The result is a realistic yet mythical world filled with larger-than-life, anthropomorphic animals who live, breathe, fight, and flee amidst lively, lush scenery. “It’s amazing what they can do with (creating the appearance of) fur and live-flesh animals, and so every day I go into work it’s astounding what these visual effects artists accomplish,” Favreau had said.
2. The recreated ‘Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hai’ song – “Chaddi Pehenke Phool Khila Hai”, the iconic song, which reminisces your childhood, has been once recreated that one associates with the series for the American fantasy adventure film “The Jungle Book” directed by Jon Favreau. The Hindi version of the title song, “Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hai” became very popular in the 90s. The song’s original music was given by Vishal and lyrics were penned by Gulzar. The recreated version has been penned by veteran lyricist Gulzar and is composed the Haider director Vishal Bhardwaj.
3. Voice of Bollywood for Hindi version of The Jungle Book: Bollywood superstars like Priyanka Chopra, Irrfan Khan, Nana Patekar, Om Puri and Shefali Shah have lend their voice to the Hindi version of The Jungle Book. In the Hindi version, Priyanka voices Kaa, the python, Irrfan has lent his voice to the friendly bear Baloo, Shefali Shah has dubbed for Raksha, the wolf and veteran actor Om Puri has lent his voice to Bagheera, the Black Panther. Nana Patekar has once again lent his voice to Shere Khan, which he had dubbed for the fearsome tiger in the animated series, Jungle Book: The Adventures of Mowgli, that was aired on Doordarshan in the early 90s.
4. People who grew up in the 90s would love to watch it. The animated series was a regular for all the kids of the 90s on Sundays.
5. Neel Sethi: The American Indian child actor Neel Sethi, who plays Mowgli in this live action epic adventure, should be fun to watch since we have only seen animated Mowgli in the series that aired in the 90s.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.