The movie was earlier scheduled to release in 2012 but got delayed as Tiwari got involved in several other projects including the upcoming “Miss Tanakpur Haazir Ho”.
“Sunny Deol is playing a poor Brahmin who is a Sanskrit teacher. He is extremely upset with foreigners who damage the Benaras ghats by smoking ‘ganja’ and ‘bhang’. While we see Benaras in sacred light, it’s not the same for them,” he told IANS.
- Movies in November: Thugs of Hindostan and 2.0 to dominate the festive month
- Sunny Deol has plans to screen ‘Mohalla Assi’
- Restraint on release of Sunny Deol’s ‘Mohalla Assi’ extended till Aug 25
- Police complaint against Sunny Deol’s ‘Mohalla Assi’ for use of abusive language
- Watch trailer: Sunny Deol, Sakshi Tanwar’s ‘Mohalla Assi’ is laced with cuss words
- Sunny dons a priest’s look for ‘Mohalla Assi’
The film is based on Kashi Nath Singh’s book “Upanyas”.
“The book is so good that it is not available in the market,” said Tiwari.
“Despite the long delay, the actors are eager to promote the film. The actors keep calling me to release the film at any cost and we are planning to release it by October or November.”
“Narendra Modi has popularised Benaras on a global level and our song picturised over the river Ganga will be a good promotion tool,” added Tiwari.
Directed by Chandra Prakash Dwivedi, the film also stars Ravi Kishan, Saurabh Shukla and Mukesh Tiwari in pivotal roles.