The “Dhoom 3” star said the Ali Abbas Zafar-directed film, which released yesterday, ticks all the boxes of a good movie.
“I watched Sultan last evening. I found it very good. Ali Abbas Zafar has made a remarkable film. Be it the story, screenplay, dialogue, direction, all are good and every artist has done well,” Aamir told reporters here.
The 51-year-old actor said the film is an Eid’s gift from the “Dabangg” star.
- From Sanju to 3 Idiots: Movies in Rs 200 crore club
- After Race 3 gets a grand opening, here’s looking back at opening day collections of Salman Khan’s Eid releases
- Before Race 3, here is how Salman Khan’s last five films cruised to the top
- Sultan director Ali Abbas Zafar shares unseen moments of Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma. See photos
- Salman Khan’s Sultan earns Rs 500 crore in total but won’t beat Aamir Khan’s PK
- Salman Khan’s Sultan day 9 box office collections steady, movie beats Kick’s lifetime collections
“Everything is there what we expect from a mainstream film. I laughed, I cried and enjoyed a lot. It is an Eid gift from Salman. If there is one film which can break the record of ‘PK’, it is ‘Sultan’.”
Aamir watched the film with his “Dangal” co-stars and said he told Salman that he really liked the film.
“He wasn’t there but I was in touch with Salman throughout the film. He was happy that I liked it. It is an outstanding film. He has performed so well, done everything which we expect from a star and as well as a good artiste.”
When asked if it will be difficult for “Dangal” since “Sultan” has already set a benchmark, the actor said, “I never compare my films with others. Every film has its own story. I can only comment about how much I liked it… all films are different.”
“As far as Sultan goes, mujhe koi kami nazar nahi aayi (I did not find anything amiss). I cried, laughed, it is a very moving and inspiring film. No other words,” Aamir added.