Bollywood star Salman Khan and filmmaker Subhash Ghai’s joint production “Hero”, featuring newcomers Sooraj Pancholi and Athiya Shetty, will release on September 4.
Directed by Nikhil Advani, the film is a remake of Ghai’s 1983 movie of the same name.
Salman, 49, took to twitter to announce the release date alongside a poster of the film featuring Suraj.
Salman Khan tweteed:
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) July 2, 2015
With the film, the “Kick” star is launching his own production house Salman Khan Productions.
- Salman Khan thanks fans and followers for ‘Hero’ collections
- Salman Khan asks audience to support ‘Hero’ actors Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty
- Want to make stars out of Sooraj and Athiya: Salman Khan
- Salman Khan, Sooraj Pancholi get emotional at ‘Hero’ trailer launch
- ‘Hero’ actors Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty join Twitter
- First look of ‘Hero’ stars Athiya Shetty, Sooraj Pancholi unveiled
Sooraj, who is the son of Aditya Pancholi, and Sunil Shett’s daughter Athiya is stepping into the shoes of Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri respectively.
The first look of the film was unveiled in May this year.