In an effort to promote breast cancer awareness, Bollywood fashionista Sonam Kapoor, who is also the brand ambassador for Elle Breast Cancer Campaign, is supporting the Ogaan Cancer Foundation with ‘Elle Carnival for a Cause’.
A joint initiative by Ogaan Cancer Foundation and Elle Breast Cancer Campaign, the event, scheduled for Sunday at The Taj Mahal Hotel here, will feature initiatives to promote breast cancer awarness, said a statement.
- Exhibition-sale to raise funds for breast cancer treatment
- How surviving breast cancer made this mother fearless
- Serena Williams sings to raise awareness about breast cancer
- Obesity, and not smoking, could be the biggest cause of cancer in women
- Sonam Kapoor: Writers are the backbone of any film
- Sonam Kapoor spreads breast cancer awareness
“It is my privilege to be associated with Ogaan Cancer Foundation and play a part in spreading breast cancer awareness. Everyone seems to know someone with breast cancer — I lost an aunt to it.
“Detecting cancer early is the only way to fight and that requires awareness about tests and a healthy lifestyle. I hope I can make a difference in my own way,” said the “Khoobsurat” actress.
Multiple brands, including luxury ones like Burberry, Hermes, Gucci, Bvlgari, Louis Vuitton and Chanel, will be participating at the event.