Sonakshi Sinha is all excited to play the role of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena in an upcoming biopic. The film is helmed by Apoorva Lakhia of “Shootout at Lokhandwala” fame.
“Thank you Shekhar (Ravjiani)! It is a brilliant script… I can’t wait to play haseena,” Sonakshi Sinha, 28, posted on Twitter after the music composer Shekhar congratulated the actress for her new outing.
Thank you shekhar! It is a brilliant script… I cant wait to play haseena :) https://t.co/g18c9VVAkn
— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) August 3, 2015
- Sonakshi Sinha was the first choice for Haseena Parkar, says director Apoorva Lakhia
- Shraddha, Siddhanth fit the bill for ‘Haseena’: Apoorva Lakhia
- Sonakshi Sinha on date hunt for ‘Haseena’
- ‘Haseena’ delayed due to date problems, to start soon: Apoorva Lakhia
- Sonakshi Sinha yet to sign biopic on Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena
- Sonakshi Sinha maintaining resolution to do challenging roles
Dawood has two sisters — Haseena Parkar and Saeeda Parkar. Haseena, who was known as the underworld queen, used to stay with her son Alishah and a 21-year-old-daughter in Mumbai’s Nagpada. At the age of 55, she passed away last year after suffering a massive heart attack. She was the seventh child in a family of 12 kids. Her father, Mohammed Ibrahim, was a police head constable in Mumbai crime branch.
This is not the first time Sonakshi Sinha, who is currently busy with her stint in “Indian Idol Junior”, will be starring in an underworld film. She had played Dawood’s love interest in “Once Upon ay Time in Mumbaai Dobaara!”, which was said to be based on the life of the fugitive don. “Haseena” will go on floors from next year.