Bollywood action man Akshay Kumar has every reason to celebrate – his new release, ‘Singh is Bliing’ which hit theatres on Friday, (October 2), has had a fabulous opening at the Box Office.
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha earns Rs 15.94 crore on opening day in China
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha box office collection day 8: Akshay Kumar’s film enters Rs 100 crore club
- Akshay Kumar, Amy Jackson starrer ‘Singh is Bliing’ earns Rs.54.44 crore in three days
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh Is Bliing’ falls on day two, ‘Talvar’ escalates due to good word of mouth
- Salman Khan keen to watch Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh is Bliing’
- Akshay Kumar rang in 48th birthday with wife Twinkle Khanna
The Prabhu Dheva-directed film is in fact said to be Akshay Kumar’s biggest opener till date, collecting Rs. 20.67 crore on the day of it’s release.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to Twitter to share the numbers.
has a SPECTACULAR start… Emerges Akshay Kumar’s BIGGEST
opener… Fri ₹ 20.67 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh
Being a holiday, ‘Singh is Bliing’ saw an occupancy rate of 80% during morning shows on day 1 – as massive crowds flocked to theatres across India to watch the big entertainer.
Shubra Gupta of Indian Express, rated the film at one and half stars. “‘Singh Is Bliing’ is a low rent comedy and doesn’t care who knows it. Everything about it stoops low: IQ, jokes, scenes. Of course, there is no story, only unconnected, jerky set-pieces. The only thing which saves it—a little — is that it wears its silliness proudly on its hero’s `pug’ ( turban), said hero smartly reworking his good-hearted simpleton who loves his mother and respects his father, and rescues his girl,” she wrote.