After winning hearts with his role of Happy in the 2008 action comedy film “Singh Is Kinng”, action star Akshay Kumar has introduced his character in its sequel titled “Singh is Bliing”. The actor will play Raftaar Singh in the Prabhudheva directorial.
Akshay took to micro-blogging site Twitter on Saturday to introduce Raftaar while sharing a 15-second teaser in which he is seen jumping in a circular motion with joy.
“Meet SINGH Raftaar SINGH! Can’t stop won’t stop! #MeetRaftaarSINGH @SIBTheFilm,” Akshay wrote along with the video.
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) August 8, 2015
Interestingly, Raftaar was the name of the character played by actor Sudhanshu Pandey in Anees Bazmee’s “Singh Is Kinng”.
The news has been trending on Twitter with the hashtag #MeetRaftaarSINGH.
- Ranveer Singh to replace Akshay Kumar in Singh Is Kinng sequel? Here’s the truth
- Religion not necessary to direct a movie: Akshay Kumar
- People look down upon comedy: Akshay Kumar
- ‘Singh is Bliing’ is a masaledaar film, says Akshay Kumar at trailer launch
- After finishing ‘Singh Is Bliing’, Lara Dutta to shoot ‘Azhar’
- Akshay Kumar lifts props on ‘Singh Is Bliing’ set
“Singh is Bliing”, which also stars Amy Jackson, Lara Dutta and Kay Kay Menon, is slated to release on October 2.