Director Karan Malhotra has praised actor Sidharth Malhotra for giving his best in upcoming film “Brothers”. The movie is the story of two estranged brothers played by Akshay Kumar and Sidharth, who face each other in a martial arts tournament.
“I don’t think it was difficult to make Sidharth do things correctly. There was a process for Akshay, Sidharth and me. The film required hard work and dedication and we all did it. I think Siddharth gave it more than he could which was fantastic,” Karan Malhotra told PTI.
“It is a tough role, you require a certain body type and both of them gave their best,” he said.
- Karan Johar confirms Vikram Batra biopic, Sidharth Malhotra to play Kargil war hero
- Sidharth Malhotra: I am very much enjoying all the perks that I get as a celebrity
- ‘Brothers’ is ‘K3G’ with Mixed Martial Arts: Sidharth Malhotra
- Someone should make a film on Kareena Kapoor: Sidharth Malhotra
- Sidharth Malhotra has worked hard for ‘Brothers’: Akshay Kumar
- I was nervous to work with Akshay Kumar in ‘Brothers’: Sidharth Malhotra
Karan Malhotra revealed that for this film, Akshay had to lose 17 kgs while Sidharth had to gain 10 kgs. ‘Brothers’, directed by Karan Malhotra, is the story of two brothers who are pitted against each other. It is an official remake of the 2011 Hollywood movie “Warrior”.
“My wife Ekta has done a great job writing and adapting it for our audiences. We enjoyed watching the original and felt this film had great scope to be made in Hindi,” Karan said.
“The film is not on boxing, it is mixed martial arts. We did research about it. We have tried our best to make it look authentic,” he said.
Karan made his directorial debut with action drama film “Agneepath”. His second film “Brothers” is also an action drama.
“I do not focus on a particular genre or follow any genre. If I am content with a subject… script I try to do justice to it. My only aim is the audience should enjoy the film while watching.”