Various sections of media have written about Salman Khan’s dilemma of choosing between Karan Johar’s ‘Shuddhi’ and Yash Raj films’ ‘Sultan’, but if sources are to believed, Salman is yet to give a go-ahead to the project.
‘Sultan’, to be directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, would require the ‘Dabangg’ Khan to play a 40-year old boxer.
According to a report published in Bollywoodhungama.com, “Salman is not sure if he wants to do ‘Sultan’. It’s the role of a 40-year old boxer. It’d require a huge amount of preparation. Salman would have to change his entire physique and body language. It’d entail many months of a strict exercise regime and a new diet control, so that he can acquire a boxer’s body. With his heavy commitments, plus his pending court cases, Salman is not sure he can give ‘Sultan’ the time attention and single-minded focus it requires.”
Taking up ‘Sultan’ would also mean that the superstar will have to move base to YRF, after finishing the shoot of Kabir Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’.
- Salman Khan and adorable nephew Ahil bond over art, watch video
- Salman Khan: The title of Loveratri does not demean any culture
- Salman Khan’s Sultan tumbles at Chinese box office
- Salman Khan is ‘Ma Ki Aankhon Ka Tara’ and this photo is proof
- Here’s what Bharat actor Salman Khan is up to in Malta
- Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Akshay Kumar: Actors turn boxers to fight their way to success
Karan Johar’s ambitious project ‘Shuddhi’ has already been delayed due to a few changes in the cast. Now, it will be postponed further if Salman Khan starts shooting for ‘Sultan’.
Further, Deepika Padukone is also expected to take up promotions of ‘Piku’, co-starring Amitabh Bachchan and finish work on Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ soon. Only after that, both the actors can start shooting for their maiden venture together.
It remains to be seen what happens with ‘Sultan’, ‘Shuddhi’ and most importantly, with Salman Khan.