Shashi Kapoor‘s son Kunal Kapoor, who is known for films like ‘Vijeta’ and ‘Trikal’, is all set to return to acting with Akshay Kumar‘s action comedy ‘Singh Is Bliing’. The Kapoor son was interested in direction and production and had soon resigned as an actor in the year 1985. Now after three decades, Kunal Kapoor has finally decided to act in a commercial Bollywood entertainer.
Kunal Kapoor will play the role of Amy Jackson’s father in ‘Singh Is Bliing’. Though the veteran actor refused to divulge any details about his role, we hear that he will play a dashing and doting father to Amy, who resides in Europe. Though Kunal Kapoor had no plans to act in a Bollywood film, it was producer Ashvini Yardi who managed to convince him. Very few may be aware that the two had worked in a commercial together and the producer was convinced that Kunal was right for the role. Kunal even explained that Ashvini managed to use her charm and what he terms ‘twisting his arm’ when she tried to convince him to return to acting.
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Shabana Azmi attend Prithvi Theatre‘s 40th anniversary celebration
- Kunal Kapoor to join Nagarjuna and Nani starrer Devadas?
- Gold: Here are five reasons to watch the Akshay Kumar film
- Gold actor Kunal Kapoor: For me, patriotism means contributing to the betterment of society and nation
- Who will play Gulshan Kumar in Mogul? Akshay Kumar has something to say
- Gold trailer: Akshay Kumar is hell-bent on winning an Olympic gold medal for India
‘Singh Is Bliing’ also stars Lara Dutta, Rati Agnihotri among others and is directed by Prabhu Dheva. The film is slated to release on October 2, 2015.