Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt’s Dussehra release ‘Shaandaar’ might have opened to mixed reviews from the critics and audiences, but that didn’t stop the romantic comedy from becoming the sixth highest grosser of the year. The movie started sail with a collection of Rs 13.1 cr on its opening day.
Fox Star Hindi, who have presented the movie, took to Twitter to share the information with the fans and followers.
— Fox Star Hindi (@foxstarhindi) October 23, 2015
With this, ‘Shaandaar’ has also become the highest opening day grosser for Shahid and Alia, individually.
Shahid Kapoor, who tasted success last year with Vishal Bharadwaj’s directorial ‘Haider’ and Alia, with Imtiaz Ali’s ‘Highway’, had promoted the movie well ensuring that the audiences flock in great numbers to the theatres. Accompanying them to the various promotional events was their director Vikas Bahl, who helmed the path-breaking ‘Queen’ last year.
- A look back at Raazi actor Alia Bhatt’s box office performance
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt’s ‘Shaandaar’ mints $2.1 mn abroad
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt’s not-so ‘Shaandaar’ box office collection, earns Rs 33.51 cr on first weekend
- ‘Shaandaar’, starring Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, crashes on day two; earns only Rs 7.55 cr
- It’s a Shaandaar Day: Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt starrer releases today
- Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Shaandaar’ selfie with wife Mira and co-star Alia Bhatt
Ever since the trailer of the movie released, Shahid and Alia’s scorching chemistry has been the talk of the town, and has been enjoyed the most in the movie too.
Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta opines about ‘Shaandaar’: “Costumery and puffery may work with other actors, but it is wrong for Alia. Underneath it all, she knows she is real, and she can’t help letting us in on her. But here, she’s been made to play so determinedly cute that she sinks into a set of mumbled mannerisms. And using her own name so soon in? There’s a problem right there.
Shahid suffers from a badly-written character. He can be such a natural charmer, but here the charm offensive is not allowed to stop, and finally just overtakes him.”