Shah Rukh Khan, who has time and again proved himself to be a family man, opened up about the strong relationship he shares with wife Gauri Khan.
In a recent interview with Huffington Post, the 50-year-old actor, while speaking about his bond with his better-half, emphasized that their children have always been the focal point of the relationship.
“Gauri and my relationship have been geared entirely towards raising our children. That’s what eventually happens. Parents become parents at one point and that changes it all. We have a badass 18-year-old, a dainty 16-year-old and then there’s the three-year-old little gangster. Our conversations, our life together is through the prism of our children. They’ve been our focal point and have literally kept our world intact,” he said.
- Gauri Khan is happy partying with daughter Suhana Khan, see photos
- Shah Rukh Khan to Suhana on her 18th birthday: I knew you were always meant for flying
- IPL 2018: KKR beats RCB, Shah Rukh Khan celebrates with daughter Suhana, see photos
- Gauri Khan takes daughter Suhana Khan and friends on a day trip to Taj Mahal
- Photos: Shah Rukh Khan takes wife Gauri Khan out on a dinner date
- On Independence Day, Shah Rukh Khan and his kids Aryan, Suhana, AbRam have a special message. Watch video
The Dilwale actor even stressed on the point that it’s not easy to be a public figure’s spouse as their “lives” don’t belong to their “partners.”
Today the only negative is that my kids have grown up…now to wait till they start believing in fairy tales again… pic.twitter.com/XKJCWV4bd0
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) May 21, 2016
“I’ll tell you something- it’s a little difficult to be a movie star’s spouse. Our lives don’t belong to our partners. They belong to the world. We’re called public figures because we not longer have a private life the way it’s meant to. To be able to take that for so many years and be able to carve an identity and space for yourself is extremely difficult,” he stated.
“And Gauri has been great in making a space for herself in which she is not identified as Shah Rukh Khan’s wife. By not doubting, talking, or doing anything, she’s made her own identity and that takes a very large heart. To be a partner to a movie star means that you don’t own them. And to continue to be like that without feeling belittled, smaller or unimportant takes a lot,” added SRK.